Using OBS with SportsCastr
OBS (Open Broadcaster Software) is a free, open-source desktop application that lets you use features such as multiple cameras, animations and scene changes to take your SportsCastr live streams to the next level. You can download OBS from https://obsproject.com and use the settings below to livestream like a pro.
This page will walk you through starting a live stream on SportsCastr using OBS, and configuring your OBS settings to be optimal.
OBS Recommended Settings
In OBS, click on "Settings" in the lower-right of the main window and click on "Output." From here, use the drop-down menu at the top to enter into "Advanced" Output Mode. Then:
- Set Rate Control to "CBR"
- Set the Bitrate to "2500"
- If it is checked, UNCHECK the checkbox for "Use Custom Buffer Size"
- Change the Keyframe Interval to "1"
- Make the CPU Usage Preset "veryfast"
- Make the Profile "baseline"
- Change Tune to "zerolatency"
Switch to the "Video" tab in the left hand menu.
- Set the Base (Canvas) Resolution to "1280x720"
- Set the Output (Scaled) Resolution to "1280x720"
- Set the Common FPS Values to "30"
Your OBS is now setup for the best settings to use with SportsCastr. If you have any problems or questions, please email support and we will assist you.